Dysport in Lafayette, La
What is Dysport?
- Dysport, by Galderma, is a neurotoxin consisting of abobotulinumtoxinA (the active ingredient), human albumin (a human protein), and lactose (cow’s milk protein).
How does Dysport work?
- In medical aesthetics, Dysport is injected into specific areas of the face to provide temporary relaxation of lines and wrinkles caused by repeated muscle movement. The contraction of the muscle happens naturally with facial expressions such as squinting due to bright sun or smiling, frowning, raising the brows during expression, or furrowing the brow.
Can I receive treatment the same day as the consultation?
- Yes, after an expert evaluation, a treatment plan is developed and discussed, and goals are established, Dysport can be injected during the visit for the consultation.
How many units will I need and what is the cost?
- Dysport is measured in units. The number of units needed and the cost is dependent on the goal of the client, as well as the areas to be treated to reach the client’s goal.
What will I look like after injection?
- Once Dysport begins working, you will look like a relaxed, refreshed version of yourself. Immediately after injection, a client may notice a small minimal red wheal at each site of injection which lasts a matter of minutes in most clients. After the product begins working, the client should appear more youthful and rested with softened lines and wrinkles.
How long does it take to inject Dysport?
- The injection time depends on the areas being injected. However, once the area is thoroughly cleansed, the injection procedure of Dysport may take 10 minutes.
Does Dysport injection hurt?
- The injection is quick and the needles used for Dysport injections are small so discomfort is usually minimal. Ice may be applied to decrease sensitivity.
How long before I see results?
- A general smoothing of the areas injected can begin within 24 to 48 hours per Dysport research and reporting.
How long will the Dysport results last?
- On average, Dysport treatment will last approximately 4 months. Results are dependent on the dose of Dysport injected and can vary from person to person. Following FDA approved dosage recommendations can lead to a longer-lasting duration.
If I stop Dysport, will my wrinkles look worse?
- The appearance of moderate to severe lines and wrinkles may often appear softer and less severe over time if Dysport treatments are maintained on a regular treatment schedule. This is due to the muscles being trained to remain relaxed.
What is the safety of Dysport?
- Dysport was approved in 2007 and has been used for over 10 years for non-cosmetic reasons for cervical dystonia and spasticity in adults, as well as lower limb spasticity in adults and children. It has a high safety profile when injected by an experienced and trained professional for all uses. It was FDA approved in 2009 for cosmetic use and is backed by research.
What makes Dysport different from other neurotoxins?
- When administered by an experienced and trained professional, Dysport results are predictable. The active protein is different than other neurotoxins and may have more active toxin delivered per FDA approved dose.
Who performs Dysport treatments?
- At The Aesthetic Boutique, Dysport is performed by a Board-Certified Nurse Practitioner who is experienced, educated, and certified.
For more information on Dysport or to find out if this treatment is right for you, call The Aesthetic Boutique at 337.852.8995 or Request a Consultation.