Botox in Lafayette, La
What is Botox?
- Botox, by Allergan, is also known as Botox Cosmetic. It is a neurotoxin consisting of OnabotulinumtoxinA (the active ingredient), human albumin (a human protein), and sodium chloride.
How does Botox work?
- In medical aesthetics, Botox is injected into specific areas of the face to provide temporary relaxation of lines and wrinkles caused by repeated muscle movement. The contraction of the muscle happens naturally with facial expressions such as squinting due to bright sun or smiling, frowning, raising the brows during expression, or furrowing the brow.
Can I receive treatment the same day as the consultation?
- Yes, after an expert evaluation, a treatment plan is developed and discussed, and goals are established, Botox can be injected during the consultation visit.
How many units will I need and what is the cost?
- Botox is measured in units. The number of units needed and the cost will be dependent on the goal of the client as well as the areas to be treated to reach the client’s goal.
What will I look like after injection?
- Once Botox begins working, you will look like a relaxed, refreshed version of yourself. Immediately after injection, a client may notice a small minimal red wheal at each site of injection which lasts a matter of minutes in most clients. After the product begins working, the client should appear more youthful and rested with softened lines and wrinkles.
How long does it take to inject Botox?
- The injection time depends on the areas being injected. However, once the area is thoroughly cleansed, the injection procedure of Botox may take approximately 10 minutes.
Does Botox injection hurt?
- The injection is quick and the needles used for Botox injections are small so discomfort is usually minimal. Ice may be applied to decrease sensitivity.
How long before I see results?
- A general smoothing of the areas injected can begin within 24 to 48 hours per Botox research and reporting.
How long will the Botox results last?
- On average, Botox treatment will last approximately 3 to 4 months. Results are dependent on the dose of Botox injected and can vary from person to person. Following FDA approved dosage recommendations can lead to a longer-lasting duration.
If I stop Botox, will my wrinkles look worse?
- The appearance of moderate to severe lines and wrinkles may often appear softer and less severe over time if Botox treatments are maintained on a regular treatment schedule. This is due to the muscles being trained to remain relaxed.
What is the safety of Botox?
- Botox was approved in 1989 and has been used for over 30 years for non-cosmetic reasons in children and adults. Some of these non-cosmetic medical conditions include chronic migraine, crossed or lazy eyes, neck spasms, excessive sweating, overactive bladder, and upper and lower limb spasticity. It has a high safety profile when injected by an experienced and trained professional for all uses. It was FDA approved in 2002 for cosmetic use and is backed by many years of research.
What makes Botox different from other neurotoxins?
- When administered by an experienced and trained professional, Botox is precise and results are predictable. It is the #1 consumer recognized brand of neurotoxin. After extensive research, it also was the first neurotoxin to receive FDA approval for 3 areas on the face.
Who performs Botox treatments?
- At The Aesthetic Boutique, Botox is performed by a Board-Certified Nurse Practitioner who is experienced, educated, and certified.
For more information on Botox or to find out if this treatment is right for you, call The Aesthetic Boutique at 337.852.8995 or Request a Consultation.