SkinPen Microneedling in Lafayette LA
The Aesthetic Boutique in Lafayette, LA offers microneedling using the SkinPen Precision device. It was the first FDA-cleared microneedling device in the United States and is clinically proven to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the face and neck and to improve acne and other scars in patients ages 22 and older. It is also used to improve tone and texture, to stimulate collagen and elastin, to thicken skin giving a more youthful appearance, and to improve the appearance of pores. Additionally, microneedling allows skincare products to be absorbed more effectively. In as few as 3 minimally non-invasive treatments repeated 4 weeks apart, you can improve your appearance, look more revitalized and rejuvenated, and step out with confidence.
How does SkinPen microneedling work?
SkinPen microneedling uses tiny needles to create thousands of microchannels, or small holes, in the skin. This process stimulates your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing damage. The treatment rejuvenates your skin from the inside out and stimulates increased collagen and elastin production.
The result is effective repairing of the skin while keeping the overall structure of the skin safely intact with no tissue damage. The healing response starts immediately resulting in minimal downtime.
What are the Benefits of SkinPen?
• Little Downtime: It is a perfect treatment for patients with a busy schedule. Immediately after, you may feel like you have a mild sunburn and may have mild swelling. These symptoms usually resolve within the first 24 hours.
• Natural Recovery: SkinPen’s “mechanical” process improves the natural function of the skin and is usable as a year-round treatment.
• Safe for all Skin Types: Clinically proven effective on all skin types.
• Proven to work: 90% of subjects in clinical trials said they would recommend the procedure to family and friends.
• Safe: The First FDA-cleared microneedling device in the United States with over 90 validation studies.
• Comfortable: A light numbing cream is applied prior to minimize discomfort.
Will SkinPen microneedling work for me?
Unlike many other alternatives and other microneedling devices, SkinPen has been clinically shown to be effective for women and men with varying skin types. It can be used as an independent treatment or in combination with other treatments including peels, muscle relaxers (ex. Botox, Dysport), and/or facial fillers (ex. Juvederm). In addition, when you properly space treatments, the procedures can be administered year-round for optimal results.
What can I expect from a SkinPen treatment at The Aesthetic Boutique?
• A customized treatment plan for optimal results. You will have a consultation with our expert healthcare provider who will recommend a treatment plan based on your individual goals.
• A comfortable procedure. Based on your needs and allergies, your healthcare provider may apply a topical numbing agent to the treatment area.
• A short procedure time. The treatment will likely take about 30 minutes.
• A mild sensation. Most clients report feeling a vibration from the device and/or a mild sandpaper feeling during the procedure.
• Minimal post-procedure effects. The skin may feel like a mild to moderate sunburn and appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure. Additionally, in studies, commonly reported treatment responses were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, flaking/peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These conditions happened in a small percent of subjects and all resolved over a few days without any further complications.
• Soothing aftercare. Your healthcare provider will provide skincare recommendations to help achieve optimal results. You will begin Skinfuse® LIFT HG, a clean, non-cytotoxic hydrogel during the first 24 hours to prevent the skin from drying out post-treatment. After 24 hours, you will begin Skinfuse RESCUE to aid in the healing process. These 2 products will be provided to you as part of your treatment.
• An effective post-procedure protocol. Your healthcare provider will educate you on products to improve optimal results. These products can be started 72 hours after the SkinPen Microneedling procedure.
For more information on SkinPen Microneedling or to find out if this treatment is right for you, call The Aesthetic Boutique at 337.852.8995 or Request a Consultation.
Please click here to review your Pre and Post Op Instructions prior to your visit to The Aesthetic Boutique.