Laser Resurfacing Post Treatment
Post Treatment for Laser Resurfacing done by Erbium Yag:
Mild Erythema (redness) will be present in the treatment area and can last from a few hours up to a few days. Immediately following the procedure, clients may experience a mild sunburn sensation that may include some mild discomfort. An ice pack (not direct ice) can be applied to help soothe the areas of discomfort. A cooling lotion or soothing ointment can be purchased over the counter (ex. Vaniply) and may be used after Erbium Yag treatments.
- It is important to protect your skin from environmental elements; therefore, a sunscreen lotion with SPF protection of 30+ should be used daily. Sunscreen should be reapplied every 2 hours for continued protection.
- A few days post procedure, clients may experience mild peeling of the skin. The peeling is similar to the effects of a sunburn. Continue to follow the skincare regimen offered by your practitioner. Do NOT pick at the peeling skin, as this action may lead to scarring.
General Skincare Instructions:
Proper skin care is important to protect your new refreshed skin. Your practitioner will discuss a proper skincare regimen with you following your Erbium Yag treatments.
- Clean the treated area daily with a mild cleanser. After cleansing, use distilled water/vinegar mixture (1 cup distilled water and 1 capful of vinegar) by soaking cotton gauze and applying 3 times per day for 3 days.
- Apply ointment (ex. Vaniply) to the DAMP face 3 times per day for 3 days.
- Shower as usual but be aware that the treated area may be temperature sensitive. Recommendation will be bathing for the first 3 days.
- Avoid chlorine, hot tubs, and swimming pools during the treatment program.
- Avoid direct contact with the sun during the treatment program. ALWAYS use a topical sun protection with SPF of 30+.
- Avoid the use of exfoliants, loofah sponges, and aggressive scrubbing to the treated areas.
- Your practitioner will discus your skincare regimen as it will be altered during the healing process.
- Avoid exposure to the sun and tanning beds for 30 days prior to treatment.
- Do not rub, scratch, or pick at the treated area. Treat the area gently by patting the skin dry after bathing or showering. An over-the-counter antibiotic ointment such as Bacitracin (Bactroban) may be applied as needed as long as the client does not have an allergy. Neosporin and Polysporin are NOT recommended.
- Makeup may be applied over the treatment area after a minimum of 24 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid shaving the treated area for a minimum of 48 hours after the procedure.
- If the client has any questions, please call the office.
- Sleep elevated and propped up on pillows for 24 hours.
- Drink plenty of fluids (water).
- Benadryl may help you sleep more comfortably. Ok to take if the client does not have an allergy or contraindication.
- No exercise for 1 week.
Treatment Plan: A commitment to 3 sessions 4 weeks apart is recommended.
Session #1: __________________________
Session #2: __________________________
Session #3: __________________________
For more information on Laser Resurfacing Treatments or to find out if this service is right for you, call The Aesthetic Boutique at 337.852.8995 or Request a Consultation.